Konica Minolta’s Exa® RIS is available as an integrated solution with Exa PACS and Exa Billing or standalone.
- Tools to streamline practice workﬂow while enhancing patient and referring physician accessibility
- Intelligent, resource based scheduling to improve productivity and patient satisfaction
- Custom workflow design engine to optimize operational efficiencies
Intelligent Patient Scheduling
Exa RIS makes scheduling easy. Input appointments by patient, calendar or resource (modality, physician, procedure) and view the first available time slot. The color-coded scheduler is designed to alert schedulers of time concerns for insurance verification. The colors help to select more appropriate times for imaging studies based on the specific time required for insurance verification.
- Resource scheduling is based on availability of Technologist to perform or Radiologist to interpret specific exams
- With Secure Scheduling the RIS software will notify if a resource is double booked and not allow a patient to double book on multiple resources at the same time
- Intuitive Patient Registration notifies and suggests a merge when registering duplicate patient fields
- Easily reschedule patients without re-entering exam and CPT information
- Schedule appointments by region and market, supporting customers with multiple facilities in a state and/or across multiple states with centralized scheduling
Custom Workflow Design Engine
The order of operations for an imaging study varies drastically from business to business. Build your workflow based on your facility needs. Choose from the drag and drop status options to design your preferred imaging workflow. The ability to define the entire process step-by-step allows for the most efficient and productive procedure.
Exa Patient Kiosk
Exa Patient Kiosk is a self-serve, patient-facing solution that allows patients to easily check in for appointments, view and update demographic and insurance information as well as complete and sign electronic forms. This will ease bottlenecks in the front office, increase patient satisfaction and decrease patient wait times due to inefficient registration processes.
Referring Physician Portal
Physicians have access to their patient’s data.
- With the Zero Footprint viewer, providers can log into the portal and view both images and reports from any device without download or configuration
- No VPN required to launch images when accessing outside their network
Patients have access to:
- Administrative digital forms that can be filled out prior to their appointments
- Their images and reports
- Reports can be downloaded, saved and/or printed
Attorneys that require patient data for relevant cases now have access. Security features are adjusted so the attorney can access only the information that is authorized and pertinent including:
- Study/order status
- DICOM Studies
Konica Minolta has partnered with ImagineSoftware to provide patients with insurance eligibility and estimated out-of-pocket costs during appointment scheduling, providing patients with upfront price transparency. This increases the likelihood of full reimbursement for radiology procedures. The benefits include:
- Eliminating inefficient, time-consuming and often manual tasks that may be error-prone
- Reducing eligibility denials, increasing reimbursement payments and and delivering up-to-date price transparency so patients can make better-informed decisions
- Providing accurate patient responsibility estimates based on practice negotiated rates with national and regional payers, meeting NSA requirements
- Decreasing the need for collections, improving billing performance and freeing up resources to realize more productivity and profitability
- Improving the patient experience through eligibility and payment education while reducing surprise billing with a higher likelihood of patients returning
Insurance Eligibility and Patient Payment Estimation Features
Exa RIS provides unmatched workflow efficiency through a real-time eligibility and payment estimation solution integrated into the patient scheduling process. No separate workstation or portal required.
- Healthcare insurance coverage information
- Patient responsibility, including co-insurance, co-pay, deductible, maximum balance due and maximum out-of-pocket
- Multiple opportunities to review and update information with the patient throughout the patient workflow, including scheduling a new appointment, updating an appointment closer to the procedure date and during patient arrival
- View patient estimated balance by procedure and combination of procedures
Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) Solutions
Konica Minolta has partnered with LogicNets to provide an Exa RIS AUC solution integrated with your scheduling workflow.
- Ordering physicians access the AUC tools from the Physician Portal
- Realtime evaluation of patient scenario either validating that an order is appropriate or recommending appropriate alternatives
- Unique visual diagnostic pathways view of the guidance, making it easy for physicians to indicate key factors and be aware of and evaluate alternative approaches if necessary
- AUC code provided with order
- Integrated with referring physicians’ ordering workflow in the Physician Portal – no separate workstation required
- Implement AUC solution in advance of CMS requirements for optimal reimbursement
- Provide referring physicians with a state-of-the-art AUC solution as a differentiator